J. Thomas Diepenbrock has had significant involvement in the communities in which he has lived.
San Jose, California (pre 2005)
- Member, Community Board Advisory Committee, Milpitas Unified School District, 1991-1995.
- Member, School Site Council, Randall Elementary School, 1991-1995.
- Volunteer, CityTeam Ministries (a Christian ministry involved in outreach to the needy), 1995-1998.
- Chairman, National Day of Prayer prayer event, San Jose City Hall, 1996-2005.
- Member, Christian Legal Society; President, Santa Clara County Chapter, 1998-2005.
- Member, Fellowship Ministries, 1978-2005 (Pastor, 1998-2005).
- Volunteer, Love in the Name of Christ of Santa Clara County (Love INC.) (a local affiliate of National Christian benevolence ministry) 1998-2005; Member, Board of Directors, 2002-2005, Board President, 2004-2005.
- Chairman, Committee of Silicon Valley Man and Woman of Year Fundraiser, and Fundraiser Participant, Leukemia Lymphoma Society, 2000.
- Plaintiff’s Attorney on Pro Bono basis, Alvarado v. City of San Jose, a constitutional case in Federal Court challenging the Quetzalcoatl statue in downtown San Jose, including appeal and argument before the Ninth Circuit, 1994-1996.
Asheville, North Carolina (2005-present)
- Committee member and participant, National Day of Prayer (Prayer event for Asheville and Buncombe County).
- Elder, Board member, and associate pastor, Resurrection Christian Center, Weaverville, North Carolina (A non-denominational, evangelical, Bible-based church).
- Participant, Christian Businessmen’s Committee (CBMC).